Oil & Gas
Lumsden McCormick has years of experience providing accounting, tax and consulting services to oil and gas businesses. Our talented team of professionals understands the operating challenges faced in this unpredictable industry and we have the expertise to provide practical solutions to help them achieve their goals. Team members are at the forefront of industry developments, receive specialized professional development on technical matters, speak at conferences on pertinent issues and proactively engage clients throughout the year. Additionally, our membership in the BDO Alliance USA provides us national and global resources as needed.
Our oil and gas industry services include:
Audit and assurance services
- Accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Forecasts and projections
- Operations and internal control audits
- Corporate taxation
- Cost segregation studies
- Federal and state tax audits
- Individual taxation
- International taxation
- Multi-state nexus and taxation
- Sales tax reporting and compliance
- State and local tax issues
- Tax credits and business development incentives
- Tax planning
- Business valuations
- Cash flow analysis
- Costing systems
- Financing options
- Fraud prevention, audits and investigations
- General ledger consulting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic planning
- Succession planning and business structure
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Member of the Center for Public Company Audit Firms of the AICPA
- BDO Alliance USA
- Independent Oil and Gas Association of New York (IOGA of NY)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
Thursday, September 21, 2017
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has begun taking steps to loosen the reins on employers, turning away from some Obama administration initiatives.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
New car and truck models are in dealer showrooms, and you might be thinking it is time to buy a new vehicle or two for the business.
Monday, September 11, 2017
From the baseball field to the boardroom, statistical analysis has changed various industries nationwide.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Michē C. Needham, CPA authors 2017: Optimism at its Best!, published in Spring edition of The Pipeline, the official newsletter of the Independent Oil & Gas Association of NY.
Thursday, October 19, 2017, 5–8 pm
Hotel Henry Urban Resort Conference Center
Join us for an update on the economic climate locally as well as what you need to know about the Trump administration and international policy impacts the markets.