Lumsden McCormick represents some of the largest auto dealerships in New York State. We have decades of experience working with auto dealers and can assist with specialized issues such as LIFO inventory calculations, cost segregation, cash flow and succession planning. With years of experience and a broad client base we are able to benchmark client operations and demonstrate comparisons with others in terms of gross profits, advertising costs and IT expenditures.
Our team of experienced service providers stays current on industry developments through our active participation in several industry organizations. Lumsden McCormick is a proud member of the BDO Alliance USA Dealer Industry Group, which gives us unique insight and access to information on issues that impact dealers. We also support the Niagara Frontier Automobile Dealers Association (NFADA) and Rochester Auto Dealer’s Association.
Our auto dealer services include:
Audit and assurance services
- Accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Forecasts and projections
- Operations and internal control audits
- Corporate taxation
- Cost segregation studies
- Federal and state tax audits
- Hybrid credits
- Individual taxation
- International taxation
- LIFO (last in, first out) inventory strategies
- Multi-state nexus and taxation
- Sales tax reporting and compliance
- State and local tax issues
- Tax credits and business development incentives
- Tax planning
- Business valuations
- Cash flow analysis
- Forensic accounting, litigation and valuation
- General ledger consulting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic planning
- Succession planning and business structure
- Warranty and rebate claim reviews
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Member of the Center for Public Company Audit Firms of the AICPA
- BDO Alliance USA
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
Thursday, September 21, 2017
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has begun taking steps to loosen the reins on employers, turning away from some Obama administration initiatives.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
New car and truck models are in dealer showrooms, and you might be thinking it is time to buy a new vehicle or two for the business.
Monday, September 11, 2017
Beginning September 18, 2017, the USCIS is requiring that all employers use the newly revised form and continue to follow the existing storage and retention rules.
Thursday, October 19, 2017, 5–8 pm
Hotel Henry Urban Resort Conference Center
Join us for an update on the economic climate locally as well as what you need to know about the Trump administration and international policy impacts the markets.